CLICK HERE FOR PRESS ROOM.
We know from experience that it is possible to start a business for less than $3000. We've known women who've done it for less. But it takes a lot of time, a lot of researching, and a lot of creativity to do it well.
Business start up is so much more difficult when you're a busy mom. But what are our alternatives?
Single moms have to weigh their limited options. Welfare? Full-time work? Collect money "under the table"? Where to find quality child care?
Mothers with partners may face different dilemmas. "Can we afford to buy a house (can we afford not to)? How can we get a decent house with today's inflated mortgage costs? How do we save for retirement? Should we stop at two kids because that's all we can afford, or become a double income family so we can have three kids?"
If we could just help out somehow. So began PinkPowerSuit.com
When it comes to the assurances we give to other moms, we feel we cannot be hypocrites. If we are going to assure moms they can start a business without a huge investment, we better know what we are talking about! We refused to take out business loans and go into debt any more than what we can pay off in a couple months. We need the motivation to find the best free and low-cost resources, and if they don't exist, create them ourselves. We need an accurate idea of how much time needs investing when the money isn't there.
Ultimately, we hope to help single moms and moms struggling between their desire and inability to stay at home with their kids, if that is their wish.
If you are a mom entrepreneur, at any level of experience, you can be involved with PinkPowerSuit.com.
PinkPowerSuit.com is more than a website. It's a movement.
PinkPowerSuit.com strives to:
- make entrepreneurship accessible to everyone;
- inspire successful mom entrepreneurs to share ideas openly, to help other moms;
- inspire moms to have confidence in their own abilities and gut instincts;
- empower moms to be the best they can be, allowing fellow moms to be their own standard of "best", judgement-free!
Our definition of a "Pink Power Suit" is a mom who strives for success in all areas important to her, while sharing her knowledge and talents freely, not passing judgement upon other moms for how they choose to run their lives.
Rules of PinkPowerSuit.com:
- Offer quality information, always FREE. PinkPowerSuit.com will never be membership-based, nor will you have to pay any fee for my newsletter. We will charge for our services but if it's information that we've assembled from our research, we'll just share it freely. If the "expert" is some author of a worthwhile book, well, we can't give it to you for free. We can only make suggestions for your purchases and you, clearly, decide what you can afford. Which brings us to our next promise...
- Only recommend products/services that we believe in. We try to sample everything that we recommend. We don't always have the ability to do this and so we rely on your feedback. Did we recommend something that, well, sucked? Let us know right away and we'll reconsider whether it's worth recommending to the masses. We will never, ever purposely steer you towards something useless just because we could make a pretty penny. You'll see through that and it just doesn't jive with our purpose.
- Carefully guard our GoogleAds. GoogleAds target the content that is on a webpage. If you were to visit our Power Opportunity page with GoogleAds on it, no doubt, the ads would be for all sorts of phony envelope stuffing-type "opportunities", because it would read the word "Opportunity" on our page and allow all those awful scam-ads to appear. We can't understand how other WAHM resource websites allow these ads to remain. They lead non-web savvy people astray. This can be stopped either by filtering out websites or by leaving GoogleAds off altogether, such as We've done on our Power Opportunity page.
- Give all mom entrepreneurs a chance to share, and get free advertising at the same time. When you email us a tip we like, we will post it on PPS and credit you with a link to your website. If you want to volunteer a service, you will receive even further recognition.
Some dish on us:
There are 2 of us behind the scenes here. One from Canada and One from the USA because lets face it... There are differences between the countries.
Andrea is your Canadian rep extrodinaire knowing all things Canadian. She is your flight attendant if you are flying business class in Canada.
Lisa is your USA rep for those who live south of the Canadian boarder. She is well versed in the business world of the land of the free and can hold your hand and show you how to fly toward your success in the business world.
Both of us are moms and both of us know what a special adventure it is to juggle family and business and to do it with grace, style and most imprortantly - success!
We love to meet people and hear their stories. Everyone has a story.